Paleo breakfast bowl anyone? We’ve been conditioned in the West to begin the day with sugary cereals or carb heavy toasts / pastries. However, we need to avoid these if we want to stay healthy – mentally and physically.
Here’s an alternative that you can prep the evening before:
· 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and cubed
· 1 cup of greens of choice (I prefer rocket as it helps support your liver)
· 1/4 whole avocado
· 1/4 whole apple, sliced
· 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted or raw
· 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
· 1 tsp fresh rosemary
· 1 tsp fresh thyme
· Celtic salt and ground pepper to taste
· 1 tsp olive oil (or more) to season veggies and chicken
· 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
· juice of 1/2 lemon
This can double up as dinner as well, however, it’s preferable to begin your day with:
This can support health for a host of reasons, but the main one is blood sugar, which impacts mood, and your levels of stress and anxiety. Ensuring each meal is a combination of protein, fat and fibre, and this includes snacks, will allow you get out of bed each day with energy, so that you can pursue your goals and dreams with zest!